Warrnambool Primary School recognises that the environment is integral to the quality of our students lives. Therefore, it is imperative that we take active steps in making our school more sustainable by focusing on waste, water energy and biodiversity initiatives.
We Are Working Towards:
- Minimising the amount of waste we send to landfill.
- Food waste is collected and placed in an organics bin which is then made into compost and fertiliser.
- We re-use and recycle as many materials as we can. Currently the Art room operates using mostly recycled materials.
- Reduce the consumption of energy by making efforts to turn all lights and appliances OFF when they are not in use.
- Conserve water by fixing any leaking or dripping taps.
- Participate in future tree planting days to improve the biodiversity of our school yard.